- your name
- name of your novel
- the length of your novel and
- It’s important to address your query letter to a specific person. If you do not know the name of the agent or editor at the publishing company, call or check their website.
- If you met the agent/editor at a conference or somewhere, be sure to mention it in the first paragraph.
- Make sure you have a title for your work (even if you decide to change the title later).
- If you mention a website/email address/phone number in your query letter, make sure it’s active.
Shelia M. Goss is a national best-selling author and a 2012 Emma Award Finalist. She has over fifteen books in print and numerous of ebooks available. She writes in multiple genres. With unique story lines, her goal is to create “stories with a twist.” For more information, visit her website at http://www.sheliagoss.com/
If you found this post helpful, please use the Share buttons to spread the word about it.
Don’t have a copy of Become A Successful Author? What are you waiting for?Become A Successful Author will be used in the “How To Write That Novel” course at Chicago State because it covers everything from branding to writing to editing to formatting and uploading electronic and print books to marketing and so much more. Your time is money. Look at all the time, thus money, you’ll save by ending your search for answers: Purchase Become A Successful Author for only $4.99 (eBook) or $9.99(print) from: Amazon (US), Amazon (UK), Barnes & Noble